Get to know us
Nationally known leader in INTELLIGENT ACCOUNTABILITY™
Salamander provides the tools needed to manage events and day-to-day activities. Our INTELLIGENT ACCOUNTABILITY suite offers unrivaled situational awareness, painting a common operational picture for everyone involved to get situations under control and save lives. As we were founded by first responders for first responders, our system has evolved to encompass a complete spectrum of users and their scenarios. Salamander's INTELLIGENT ACCOUNTABILITY solutions are protected by U.S. Patents.
All Employees I-9 Verified
Dedicated Stateside Only, Employee Only, Development Team
In Business Since 2002
Ongoing Intrusion Tested
Yearly Penetration Tested
VPAT 508 & WCAG Accessed
Supports NIST Cybersecurity
- Victim Tracking Patent – No. US 6,761,312: Protects the use of a high-capacity ID tags to track victims where at least the person’s triage priority is contained in machine-readable media along with other demographic/victim info.
- rapidTAG™ Drivers License Parse to Track Personnel Patent – No. US 7,191,934: Protects a system whereby you strip data off of pre-existing identification cards (e.g. Driver’s Licenses) to create incident-specific credentials which are used for tracking personnel.
- Interlinking Electronic Identities – No. US 8,995,946 B2: Covers the use of cell-enabled devices as an identity/collector unit/management unit for personnel accountability during incidents. Rejection/response cycle with examiner.
- Personnel Accountability Patent – No. US 8,995,946: System and method for accountability by interlinking electronic identities for access control and tracking of personnel during an incident or at an emergency scene.
- Personnel Accountability Patent – No. US 9,497,610: System and method for accountability by interlinking electronic identities for access control and tracking of personnel during an incident or at an emergency scene.
- Civilian Accountability Patent – No. US 17/533,948 (patent pending): System and method for accounting for a civilian at a site and system and method for providing personnel with information about a site or emergency site.
In ancient times, philosophers such as Aristotle and Pliny the Elder believed that the salamander possessed mythical powers, which, not only allowed it to thrive in fire but extinguish it as well. At Salamander, we strive to provide intelligent solutions through the thick of it all.
Credentials Issued through Salamander
Government & First Responder Agencies on Platform
Agencies utilizing Salamander TRACK Solutions
Statewide and State-level Deployments
What we strive towards
We are always driven with a purpose
At Salamander, our mission is to provide visibility for all "PEOPLE" to get home safely at the end of their day.
Provide an easy to use, affordable, scalable, and redundant platform for interagency resource accountability – from the TAG to the web – that complies with federal mandates for the National Incident Management System (NIMS) and Personal Identity Verification (PIV).
Meet our dedicated
Robert F. Riess
Vice President of Sales
Director of Operations
Director of Training
Connect with us
Looking To Join
We believe in always putting our best foot forward and doing it right the first time. If this sounds like you then contact us immediately. We are always looking for greatness.